How can I reduce my jowls or drooping mouth corners non surgically?
Jowl formation is due to the descent of the cheeks below the jawline. This disrupts the jawline. To correct this, a facelift can be performed to lift the cheeks back to their original position and straighten the jawline. However, for those who are not willing to undergo surgery, there are a number of non-surgical options. These include;
- Dermal fillers - can be injected into the areas around the jowls (but not into the jowls) to hide their appearance by blending the jowls into the adjacent areas. This disguises the jowls and straightens the jawline. Also, by supporting the mouth corners with dermal fillers, it is possible to turn the mouth corners back to a more neutral or upgoing direction. Various dermal fillers can be used for the above purposes, including types JU/JU+/R/P/V/RSQ and Radiesse.
- Anti-wrinkle injections - can help to turn the mouth corners up by relaxing the muscles that pull the corners of the mouth downwards
- Pellev?© - this machine uses radiofrequency to heat the skin to a critical temperature (39-42 degrees celsius). At this level, collagen fibres 'shrink' and cause the skin to tighten. The results from this are not comparable to surgery, however, the treatment is non-invasive, and has no recovery period.
- Thread lifts - are a non-surgical alternative to facelifts. They involve the use of specialised threads to help to lift the skin on the face and reduce the appearance of jowls. Again, the treatment is not comparable to a true facelift, but does help to lift the skin to a degree
- Liposuction - can help to remove fat from the jowls, flatten them, and reduce their appearance. Liposuction can be performed from a very small incision just behind each ear, and this heals very well. Although technically this is a surgical procedure, liposuction is much less invasive than a facelift, and can be done with or without sedation/general anaesthetic.
Non-Surgical Jowl Reduction Case Study
This female in her fifties presented with concerns about her jowls and drooping mouth corners. She also wanted to improve on the shape of her lips. 1.3mL of Radiesse was injected around the corners of the mouth and along the chin to support this area. This smoothed the transition between the cheeks and the chin as well as sharpened the jawline. A syringe of filler type JU was injected into the lips to improve their size and shape whilst maintaining a natural appearance.
Why should I choose The Victorian Cosmetic Institute as my provider of Non-Surgical Jowl Reduction?
At The Victorian Cosmetic Institute, our doctors have a large range treatment modalities for you to choose from to suit your needs and goals. Furthermore, we specialise in non-surgical facial shaping and lifting.
Making that first phone call can be a confronting task - many of our patients have preferred filling out our online enquiry form. We can then contact you with an understanding of the results you are hopeful of achieving and ensure the treatment is appropriate.
It's as easy as clicking either of the buttons below and completing the provided form.
Otherwise, you can phone us directly on 1300 863 824.
Popular products from our Online Store
Vitamin C serum for firmer, less wrinkled, brighter-looking skin suitable for all skin types including sensitive and rosacea sufferers.$118.80
SPF 15 sunscreen spray. This impressive, chemical-free spray formula will provide total protection to reduce the signs of aging and sun damage.$79.20