- Mineral make-up consists of natural minerals such as, mica and zinc oxides.
- Mineral make-up is suitable for all skin types.
- Mineral make-up leaves the skin looking flawless and feeling weightless, mineral make-up has many skin benefits for example; they allow the skin to breathe and function normally as minerals do not enter the skins pores unlike some ‘oil-free’ make-ups, allowing toxins to be released and oxygen and moisture to enter the skin.
- Because minerals cannot support bacterial growth, there is no danger of spoilage, thus it needs no potentially harmful preservatives.
- Mineral make-up is healthiest make-up you can put on your skin.
- Mineral make-up is a foundation, concealer, powder and sunscreen in one.
- Only few people who have tried mineral make-up go back to ordinary mark-up. You don’t have to feel guilty about wearing make-up anymore.
What is mineral make-up?
Certified and recommended by cosmetic physicians, plastic surgeons,
dermatologists and skin care professionals all over the world, mineral
make-up has become the latest trend in the beauty industry, attracting
people of all ages from teenagers with acne prone skin to mature age
groups seeking a healthier, natural alternative to their everyday
make-up. Pure mineral make-up uses only mineral substances that are found in
nature, even the colour is derived from natural minerals and therefore
can be used on extremely sensitive skin. Mineral make-up contains mica to reflect
light and help hide wrinkles, and pure micronised
zinc oxide which assists with UV protection.
Mineral make-up improves the health and appearance of skin by using minimal additives and perfumes making mineral make-up suitable for all types of skin, ranging from dry to acne prone skin.
Minerals are also considered an anti-inflammatory product due to the natural ingredients known to soothe the skin and calm acne breakouts and other skin irritations, it also camouflages inflammation and redness post laser treatments and chemical peels.
Although minerals are sheer, they provide good natural looking coverage.
What are the main differences between non-mineral make-up and mineral make-up?
Mineral make-up is:
- Non-comedogenic (will not block pores), whereas normal make-up can get into pores and result in acne breakouts.
- Anti-inflammatory and provides complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea and redness and great for post treatments like chemical peels and laser resurfacing.
- Water resistant, whereas as normal make-up may run underwater and crease on the skin with exercise.
- Free from any synthetic fragrance and preservatives i.e. paraben and cheap fillers like, talc, whereas some make-up contain these preservatives to stretch or fill a certain product, giving consumers the appearance of