Article Medically reviewed by Dr. Gavin Chan (MBBS, cosmetic physician, liposuctionist)
Templestowe Lower and Berwick Clinics
Dr. Gavin Chan has a background in intensive care, anaesthesia, and emergency medicine. Since 2004, Dr. Chan has provided cosmetic procedures, including anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, liposuction, fat transfer, skin needling, and laser treatments. He is a doctor trainer for various dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Day Surgery Patient Information
VCI Day Surgery is a purpose built private cosmetic day surgery facility designed for cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures.
Prior to surgery
- Follow the fasting instructions given to you by your anaesthetist
On the day of surgery
Prior to arrival
- Shower and wash as normal
- Do not use body moisturisers or perfumes
- Do not wear make-up, any jewellery or nail polish
- Leave all valuables at home
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing
When you arrive
Upon arrival at the hospital you will be greeted and placed into our waiting area. An admissions nurse will collect you and go through our admissions checklist to make sure we have all the correct information. You will then meet with your anaesthetist to perform a pre-operative anaesthetic assessment.
- Whilst in recovery you will be given light refreshments
- Prior to being discharged you will be given post-operative instructions
- A responsible family member or friend must drive you home from the operation
- You also need a responsible adult stay with you overnight following your anaesthetic
VCI Day Surgery has locations in Templestowe Lower & Berwick.
268 - 272 Manningham Road
Located within the Victorian Specialist Centre
Located within Victorian Cosmetic Institute
Patient rights and responsibilities
VCI Day Surgery abides by the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights. The Charter describes what you, or someone you care for, can expect when receiving health care.
A copy of the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights can be accessed by clicking here.
Patient feedback and improvement suggestions
VCI Day Surgery welcomes feedback and improvement suggestions from patients and their families. To submit your feedback complete our Day Surgery feedback form online.
Information for Medical Professionals
VCI Day Surgery operates under By-laws that support and facilitates a quality health service that delivers safe care. The By-laws:
- establish the principles applying for accreditation and defining scope of practice of practitioners
- govern the relationship of VCI Day Surgery with its accredited practitioners
- set out rules for the conduct of accredited practitioners at VCI Day Surgery
- outline the obligations on accredited practitioners in relation to the safety and the quality of care of patients
- ensure that a clinical governance framework is in place to evaluate, monitor and improve the quality and safety of the health services provided
- set out the scope of practice for services the facility can safely support
To view a full copy of the current VCI Day Surgery By-laws, please click here.