Question about : hi im asking about hyperhydrosis my aunt has excessive sweating q74

Article Medically reviewed by Dr. Gavin Chan (MBBS, cosmetic physician, liposuctionist)

Dr. Gavin Chan

Templestowe Lower and Berwick Clinics

Dr. Gavin Chan has a background in intensive care, anaesthesia, and emergency medicine. Since 2004, Dr. Chan has provided cosmetic procedures, including anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, liposuction, fat transfer, skin needling, and laser treatments. He is a doctor trainer for various dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Read More


Hi I’m asking about hyperhydrosis my aunt has excessive sweating it is very bad she has it all over her body she has to change her clothes several times a day. My aunt is in her 70s her doc has given her a cream but this does not help also she lives in n.s.w I would love to be able to tell her some good news and that maybe there is help for her condition
Many thanks Rhonda


The first step is really to find out if there is an underlying problem causing the sweating. There are a wide number of possibilities, and this could be done by her GP or by an appropriate specialist. If there is no underlying cause, an anti-cholinergic medication could help . These medications help to reduce the activity of the sympathetic nervous system (the nerves responsible for unconsciously activating sweating), and help reduce her sweating. Of course, these medications need to be prescribed by a doctor and only after appropriate investigations have been done prior.

Dr. Gavin Chan
Dr. Gavin Chan

We're here to help

Our consultants will help you decide which treatment best suits you and your skin conditions/type.

Request a phone call