Question about Scarring: i have a 2 year old daughter with a q279

Article medically reviewed by Dr. Gavin Chan (MBBS, cosmetic physician, liposuctionist)

Dr. Gavin Chan

Templestowe Lower and Berwick Clinics

Dr. Gavin Chan has a background in intensive care, anaesthesia, and emergency medicine. Since 2004, Dr. Chan has provided cosmetic procedures, including anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, liposuction, fat transfer, skin needling, and laser treatments. He is a doctor trainer for various dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Read More


I have a 2 � year old daughter with a 1 yr old atrophic scar (diagonally) in the centre of her forehead, it�s about 2mm long and rather wide.
What can be done?


We don’t treat those under 18 at our clinic. Any treatment with laser or surgery would have to be done under general anaesthetic or sedation to stop the child from moving. Also, you will need to weigh up the potential pros and cons of treatment, especially if surgery is involved, as things may look worse rather than better. The best first point of contact is to see a plastic surgeon about this problem.

Dr. Gavin Chan
Dr. Gavin Chan

We're here to help

Our consultants will help you decide which treatment best suits you and your skin conditions/type.

Request a phone call