Day Surgery Patient Information
VSC Day Surgery is a purpose-built private day surgery facility designed for cosmetic surgery, plastic surgery procedures, and maxillofacial surgery.
Prior to surgery
- Follow the fasting instructions given to you by your anaesthetist
On the day of surgery
Prior to arrival
- Shower and wash as normal
- Do not use body moisturisers or perfumes
- Do not wear make-up, any jewellery or nail polish
- Leave all valuables at home
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing
When you arrive
Upon arrival at the hospital you will be greeted and placed into our waiting area. An admissions nurse will collect you and go through our admissions checklist to make sure we have all the correct information. You will then meet with your anaesthetist to perform a pre-operative anaesthetic assessment.
- Whilst in recovery you will be given light refreshments
- Prior to being discharged you will be given post-operative instructions
- A responsible family member or friend must drive you home from the operation
- You also need a responsible adult stay with you overnight following your anaesthetic
- If you have any concerns following your surgery please contact your surgeon directly on the phone number they have provided to you
VSC Day Surgery is located in Templestowe Lower, Victoria.
268 – 272 Manningham Road
Lower Templestowe, Victoria 3107
Phone: 1300 863 824
Located within the Victorian Specialist Centre
Patient rights and responsibilities
VSC Day Surgery abides by the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights. The Charter describes what you, or someone you care for, can expect when receiving health care.
A copy of the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights can be accessed by clicking here.
Patient feedback, complaints and improvement suggestions
VSC Day Surgery welcomes feedback, complaints and improvement suggestions from patients and their families. To submit your feedback complete our Day Surgery feedback form online.
To enquire about any current employment opportunities at VSC Day Surgery please email our Director of Nursing directly at email@example.com.
Information for Medical Professionals
VSC Day Surgery operates under By-laws that support and facilitates a quality health service that delivers safe care. The By-laws:
- establish the principles applying for accreditation and defining scope of practice of practitioners
- govern the relationship of VSC Day Surgery with its accredited practitioners
- set out rules for the conduct of accredited practitioners at VSC Day Surgery
- outline the obligations on accredited practitioners in relation to the safety and the quality of care of patients
- ensure that a clinical governance framework is in place to evaluate, monitor and improve the quality and safety of the health services provided
- set out the scope of practice for services the facility can safely support
A current copy of the Medical By-laws can be obtained by emailing the Director of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Credentialing for medical professionals
To apply for clinical privileges please email our Director of Nursing directly at email@example.com.