Question about Cosmetic Surgery: hello doctors i am currently residing in australia few months q1289

Article medically reviewed by Dr. Gavin Chan (MBBS, cosmetic physician, liposuctionist)

Dr. Gavin Chan

Templestowe Lower and Berwick Clinics

Dr. Gavin Chan has a background in intensive care, anaesthesia, and emergency medicine. Since 2004, Dr. Chan has provided cosmetic procedures, including anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, liposuction, fat transfer, skin needling, and laser treatments. He is a doctor trainer for various dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Read More


Hello doctors ,

I am currently residing in Australia, few months ago i had an assault , in that assault i suffered a split lip which was stitched by the doctors . I am left with a bad scar on my upper lip which is very frustrating to me and moreover i haven’t told about this to my parents and i want to get rid of this scar , I want to know if it is possible to get away with this scar and what will be the procedures and cost of all this , Your concern reply will be appreciated.


There is no way to completely remove this scar. However, you have three main treatment options. The first is to surgically revise your scar. A plastic surgeon can help to do this so it is less obvious (but there will still be a scar). This procedure is called a z-plasty, and it involves making the scar into less of a straight line so it is less obvious to the eye. The other option is to treat it with a laser such as the fraxel laser to help to lift the scar up to the normal level of the skin. The final option is to fill the scar with a dermal filler. However, this is only a temporary solution.

Dr. Gavin Chan
Dr. Gavin Chan

We're here to help

Our consultants will help you decide which treatment best suits you and your skin conditions/type.

Request a phone call