Question about Gynaecomastia: hey doctor i was wondering if i actually have gynaecomastia q2289

Article medically reviewed by Dr. Gavin Chan (MBBS, cosmetic physician, liposuctionist)

Dr. Gavin Chan

Templestowe Lower and Berwick Clinics

Dr. Gavin Chan has a background in intensive care, anaesthesia, and emergency medicine. Since 2004, Dr. Chan has provided cosmetic procedures, including anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, liposuction, fat transfer, skin needling, and laser treatments. He is a doctor trainer for various dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Read More


Hey doctor, I was wondering if I actually have gynaecomastia because my gp said my testosterone levels were normal and my bodyweight was standard for my height and age, yet I have puffy nipples, also are there any cures other than surgery? Also I’m currently 18 but I’ve had this problem for about 5-6 years


In answer to your query there are two types of gynaecomastia, the first is when the breast tissue in the chest grows due to an imbalance in hormones. The second (which is called pseudo-gynaecomastia) is caused by fat deposits only. Here at VCI we can help treat the pseudo-gynaecomastia using liposuction to reduce the fat deposits in the chest area. We have had great sucess with this as you can see in our case studies online;
If you would like to book a consultation for an assessment to see if we can help, or if you would simply like more information about Liposuction please feel free to call us on 1300 863 824 we would be glad to help!

Dr. Gavin Chan
Dr. Gavin Chan

We're here to help

Our consultants will help you decide which treatment best suits you and your skin conditions/type.

Request a phone call