Question about Gynaecmastia-man-boobs: hi respected doctor i m suffering from this man boobs q161

Article medically reviewed by Dr. Gavin Chan (MBBS, cosmetic physician, liposuctionist)

Dr. Gavin Chan

Templestowe Lower and Berwick Clinics

Dr. Gavin Chan has a background in intensive care, anaesthesia, and emergency medicine. Since 2004, Dr. Chan has provided cosmetic procedures, including anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, liposuction, fat transfer, skin needling, and laser treatments. He is a doctor trainer for various dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Read More


Hi Respected Doctor ,
I m suffering from this man boobs problem. I am not sure i do have gynecomastia or its just chest fat but i do have puffy nipples which always make me embarrass to remove my shirt …could you plz tell me how much will be cost if i go through all these tests which you mention like CT scan and all other blood tests and all these are covered in medicare ?
Thank you


If you have puffy nipples, it is likely that there may be some glandular tissue causing this ie it could be gynaecomastia. However, to make a definitive diagnosis, we usually order an ultrasound as well as a set of blood tests to determine hormone levels. These tests can be put through a bulk billing provider. Either way, if it is fat or glandular tissue, we can help you to remove this surgically with liposuction and surgical removal of glandular tissue. We have a special technique of doing this which leaves you with virtually invisible scars.

Dr. Gavin Chan
Dr. Gavin Chan

We're here to help

Our consultants will help you decide which treatment best suits you and your skin conditions/type.

Request a phone call