Question about gynaecomastia / man boobs: im suffering from this man boobs problem i am not q163

Article medically reviewed by Dr. Gavin Chan (MBBS, cosmetic physician, liposuctionist)

Dr. Gavin Chan

Templestowe Lower and Berwick Clinics

Dr. Gavin Chan has a background in intensive care, anaesthesia, and emergency medicine. Since 2004, Dr. Chan has provided cosmetic procedures, including anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, liposuction, fat transfer, skin needling, and laser treatments. He is a doctor trainer for various dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Read More


I’m suffering from this man boobs problem. I am not sure if I have gynecomastia or if it’s just chest fat, but I do have puffy nipples which always makes me embarrassed to remove my shirt …could you please tell me how much will be cost if i go through all these tests which you mention like CT scan and all other blood tests and all these are covered in medicare ?
Thank you


Usually at the first consultation we take a medical history, and perform an examination of the chest. This can help to determine whether you have just a fatty chest or glandular tissue under the nipples, or both. An ultrasound and blood tests will more definitively determine what the situation is. At the time of surgery, we always explore for glandular tissue, and remove it if present. This will help reduce the size and puffiness of the nipples. The blood tests can be bulk billed through Medicare, and often an ultrasound can be bulk billed at certain providers.

Dr. Gavin Chan
Dr. Gavin Chan

We're here to help

Our consultants will help you decide which treatment best suits you and your skin conditions/type.

Request a phone call