You’ve been really busy at work and family commitments are full on – that’s life! But over the last few months you’ve started to notice something that’s affected how you feel about yourself. It’s like your confidence has gone! You’ve always had enlarged pores on your face but they’re really started to affect you now.
Whether you’re in work meetings, having brunch at cafes or hanging out with your friends. Your eyes can’t help but wander to people’s face. It’s like they’ve got something you have never had – a smooth face without enlarged pores!
When you think about the pores on your face, it takes you back. To the time before gym class in Year 9. The ‘blind pimples’ that had been taunting you for weeks had decided to surface. So you popped them with your fingers. And now? You’ve been left with some acne scars and enlarged pores.
But don’t stress out; you’re not alone. Enlarged pores affect more people than you may think. Since 2005 our skin needling treatments have helped thousands of patients improve their enlarged pores.
Why do enlarged pores form?
Skin pores are tiny openings in the skin that release oil (sebum) and perspiration to cool the body. An increased flow of sweat and oil can over stretch the skin pores elasticity, leading to enlarged pores.
Enlarged pores can occur anywhere on the body, but are particularly distressing when they’re on the face. As we age and lose collagen around the skin pore, it will start to appear larger. The appearance of enlarged pores can also be a result of:
- Extractions and squeezing of skin pores, and
- Blackheads and whiteheads
What is skin needling?
Skin needling is a non-laser, vertical needle delivery treatment used to treat enlarged pores and acne scarring. This enlarged pores treatment process can also induce collagen growth. And when collagen growth is boosted, your skin can repair. The production of new collagen can continue for up to 12 months after the treatment. Skin needling has also become a leading clinical choice to treat and reduce acne scars.
Acne can appear on your face when your skin pores get filled with dead skin cells, oil and bacteria. If your pores get inflamed and burst, some of the pore walls can rupture deeper into the skin and leak into the deeper tissues. This can create larger lesions and acne scars.
The enlarged pores and type of acne scars you have will depend on your skin type. Acne scarring that is hypertrophic can add tissue to your skin and will result in extreme collagen production during the healing process. If you have “ice pick” or “boxcar” scars these indicate the common types of atrophic acne scars. This shows that tissue has been lost during your skin’s healing process.
What skin types are suitable for skin needling?
Skin needling treatments are suitable for male and female patients with acne scarring and fine lines. They are also beneficial for people wanting to improve skin tightness and texture. The treatment is not suitable for people with wounds, sun-burnt skin, open cuts or for those who are pregnant or breast feeding.
Skin needling procedure for enlarged pores and acne
Since 2005, we have performed thousands of skin needling and surgical treatments. Our Cosmetic Doctors, Cosmetic Nurses and Skin Therapists are highly trained and qualified to use needles up to 3mm. The micro-needles cause thousands of stimulating dermal “injuries” to the skin. View our before and after skin needling treatments here
Are there any side effects of skin needling treatments?
Many patients experience some redness of the treated skin area for up to 7 days after the procedure. Because some swelling can persist for a couple of days after the treatment, we suggest you may need to take some time off from work.
Skin needling to treat your enlarged pores and acne scars
We offer many forms of skin needling including traditional, micropen and Infini RF. The Infini RF is a non-laser treatment, which combines radiofrequency and micro needling to improve scarring from enlarged pores, acne, skin tightening, fine wrinkles and lines. There is minimal risk of causing hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation after this treatment because the energy is delivered from inside the skin, not from outside the skin like laser treatments.
Infini RF provides fractional micro delivery to the skin, which results in micro injuries to the epidermis and dermis. These micro injuries to the skin boost the power of your body’s ability to regrow normal skin and repair. Read more about the benefits of Infini RF here
The best products to use after treatment
We suggest the following skin care regime after you’ve had your enlarged pores treated with skin needling.
The Aspect Dr ABC Essential Kit includes:
- Deep clean exfoliating cleanser (30 ml) With non irritating botanical retinoid and blends of naturally occurring AHA’s this cleanser renews, exfoliates and refines your skin complexion.
- Active C Serum (15 ml) is a peptide, antioxidant infused serum that brightens, lightens, firms, tightens and evens out skin tone.
- Exfol A Serum (15 ml) is an AHA and Vitamin A exfoliating complex that rebuilds and refines skin types and conditions.
- Multi B Plus Serum (15 ml) provides your skin with a full spectrum of eight B group vitamins with the added benefits of Vitazymes B Complex. This serum can lighten skin lightness, reduce pigmentation and prevent further skin pigmentation occurring.
- Resveratrol Moisturiser (15 g) This light weight moisturiser is infused with Resveratrol (a strong antioxidant derived from grape skins) and Chronoline (an Amino Peptide that combats the visible signs of ageing)
* It’s important to note that the serums in the Aspect Dr ABC Essential Kit are half the size of the full size products.
The Aspect mini facial kit with free eye cream and cosmetic bag is an easy way to give your improved skin the treatment it deserves. Combining four of Aspect Gold’s most popular products this kit includes:
- Cellabation (118 ml) This effective exfoliant easily and effectively reduces dead skin build up. The detoxifying and antioxidant protection decongests and polishes the skin.
- Fruit Enzyme Mask (50 g) This potent antioxidant enriched fruit enzyme mask eliminates dead skin build up while dissolving any peeling skin. It moisturises, calms and soothes while gently exfoliating.
- Hydrating Mask (118 ml) This mask hydrates stressed, dry skin with a unique blend of Hyaluronic Acid, Olive oil, Shea butter and Grape Seed Extract.
Aspect Dr Deep Clean Facial Cleanser is a non-irritating, purifying botanical retinoid formulated with a blend of AHA’s. Ideal for oily, thickened, acne scarred or pigmented skin, this cleanser renews, exfoliates and refines your skin to enhance your complexion.
Unsure about what skin care to use? If you’re not sure about what type of skin care is best for you, our Skin Therapists can advise and tailor a skin care regime to suit your skin type and condition.
Get your enlarged pores treatment with skin needling at Victorian Cosmetic Institute
Want to reduce your facial pores while improving the texture and tone of your skin? Our skin needling treatment for enlarged pores and acne scarring can reduce fine lines and wrinkles while improving your skin texture and tone. With three convenient locations in Melbourne, contact us now to find out how