How can I reduce my jowls or drooping mouth corners non surgically?
Jowl formation is due to the descent of the cheeks below the jawline. This disrupts the jawline. To correct this, a facelift can be performed to lift the cheeks back to their original position and straighten the jawline. However, for those who are not willing to undergo surgery, there are a number of non-surgical options. These include;
- Dermal fillers – can be injected into the areas around the jowls (but not into the jowls) to hide their appearance by blending the jowls into the adjacent areas. This disguises the jowls and straightens the jawline, providing a non-surgical jowl reduction. Also, by supporting the mouth corners with dermal fillers,
it is possible to turn the mouth corners back to a more neutral or
upgoing direction. Various dermal fillers can be used for the above purposes.
- Anti-wrinkle injections – can help to turn the mouth corners up by relaxing the muscles that pull the corners of the mouth downwards
- Pelleve – this machine uses radiofrequency to heat the skin to a critical temperature (39-42 degrees celsius). At this level, collagen fibres ‘shrink’ and cause the skin to tighten. The results from this are not comparable to surgery, however, the treatment is non-invasive, and has no recovery period.
- Thread lifts – are a non-surgical alternative to facelifts. They involve the use of specialised threads to help to lift the skin on the face and reduce the appearance of jowls. Again, the treatment is not comparable to a true facelift, but does help to lift the skin to a degree
- Liposuction – can help to remove fat from the jowls, flatten them, and reduce their appearance. Liposuction can be performed from a very small incision just behind each ear, and this heals very well. Although technically this is a surgical procedure, liposuction is much less invasive than a facelift, and can be done with or without sedation/general anaesthetic.
For estimate dermal filler mls and costs required to treat the jowls please visit the Cosmetic consultation and treatments pricing page.
Non-Surgical Jowl Reduction Case Study
This patient presented to Victorian Cosmetic Institute with concerns of her jaw line. To correct the jowls and jawline the practitioner used a combination of anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers smoothing it’s appearance and sharpening her lower face structure. Anti-wrinkle injections were used in the patient’s masseters and chin to relax the muscles on the sides of the jaw and drop and lengthen the chin. Dermal filler was then used to fill the hollows in the jowls and to provide a fuller chin. The results are subtle and natural.
Non-Surgical Jowl Reduction Case Study
This female in her fifties presented with concerns about her jowls and drooping mouth corners. She also wanted to improve on the shape of her lips. 1.3mL of Radiesse was injected around the corners of the mouth and along the chin to support this area. This smoothed the transition between the cheeks and the chin as well as sharpened the jawline. A syringe of filler was injected into the lips to improve their size and shape whilst maintaining a natural appearance.
Why should I choose Victorian Cosmetic Institute as my provider of Non-Surgical Jowl Reduction?
At Victorian Cosmetic Institute, our Cosmetic Doctors and Cosmetic Nurses have a large range treatment modalities for you to choose from to suit your needs and goals. Furthermore, we specialise in non-surgical facial shaping and lifting.
Making that first phone call can be a confronting task – many of our patients have preferred filling out our online enquiry form. We can then contact you with an understanding of the results you are hopeful of achieving and ensure the treatment is appropriate.
It’s as easy as clicking either of the buttons below and completing the provided form.
Otherwise, you can phone us directly on 1300 863 824.
For estimate volumes and costs visit the Cosmetic consultation and treatments pricing page.